Penny Stocks are very low priced stocks and are often regarded are worthless. Many of the stock investing firms believe that investment into penny stocks is dangerous and should always be avoided. This is due to the reason that penny stock trade is a risky proposition for the investors and traders and has a less success rate. Penny stocks are risky because they have low trading volumes, high price volatility and danger of getting delisted from the stock exchange.
Moreover, these small companies stocks are not media friendly, so not many people know about these companies and stocks. These stocks move irrespective of share market movement and hence very difficult to predict. The application of investment ideas and strategies in penny stocks are altogether different from that of big companies stocks.
In spite the various rick and short comings, Penny stocks are always on the radar of the big investment firms and even the small investors. They have potential to provide huge returns to the shareholders in very quick time, which is almost impossible in case of other big stocks. It is assumed form these things that “Today’s blue chip was once a Penny Stock”. click here read about penny stock software.
All it needs is the identification that potential penny stock, which can be future’s blue chip. It is not that all easy because picking the right stock is like hitting the bull’s eye. Below are some of the special guidelines to choose the right penny stock, which can benefit you:
- Selecting Right Stock – Fundamental Analysis: Fundamental analysis ensures the analysis of company’s business, rather than the stock. The long term investment must be based on the fundamental research and analysis of the company. The major investor in stock market, Mr. Warren Buffet, believes only fundamental analysis for selection of his stock for investment. The fundamental analysis ensures various aspects of business, these are as below:
- Product: Product is an item that is offered for sale. It can be a service also. It needs to analyze that whether the product of company is well accepted in the market and also it must be a visible one. Many startups have been opened their business with new product or services that are not well recognized in the market. An investor must complete the whole analyses regarding the company’s product.
- Profitability: Profitability is a key for every business. If a business is doing well, the profit is ought to be healthy. An investor must look out for the companies who have shown profits in the past years and have potential to produce the same in future too. Along with profits, the debt level of the company is also a key consideration. Higher the debt more is the risk.
- Resilience; There are many factors of concern for any business. These factors can be like higher interest rates, inflation, rise in crude oil prices etc. The company must be efficient enough to withstand these external factors that affect the business.
- Management: It needs to be analyzed that whether the management is competent enough to manage the business. The promoters must have majority of the shareholding of the company, to ensure their vested interest into the business of the company.
- Selecting Right Stock – Technical Analysis: Another important instrument for selection of the right stock is the Technical Analysis. Technical analysis involves forecasting the stock price based on the graphs. Various graphs are explored like price movement chart on daily, weekly and monthly basis, trading volumes, combined price and volume chart etc. The major technical indicators used in this analysis are like moving averages, trend analysis, support and resistance, momentum, over bought and oversold levels, relative strength and some stock patterns like head and shoulders etc. This analysis basically enables to study the trend of the stock price and accordingly the target and stop loss levels are predicted.
The technical charting is also very helpful to study other various aspects like:
- Selecting Best stock among the Sector: All the stocks are compared in a single graph, showing their respective stock price movement over a said period of time. It is also possible to compare their movement chart with share market index movement. This help in analyzing the price movement in comparison with all the stocks of same sector and also with the index. This enables to pick the best stock in that industry.
- Timing of Trade: Various graphs patterns are analyzed to access the support and the resistance levels of the stock. Support level is where a particular stock finds support at lower level or demand of stock increases. Resistance is where the stocks finds selling pressure at higher levels or where supply is generated. It helps in spotting the buying and selling levels for the stock i.e. buying at support level and selling at resistance level.